Make us your White Mountains destination. There are attractions and activities to fit everyone and so much to do we can fill your days!
hike, bike, fish, golf, swim, canoe or kayak the Androscoggin River, bird watching, moose tours, horseback rides, or just relax on the porch with a book! The Appalachian Trail is ¾ of a mile from us and hiking trails abound!
hike, bike, golf, horseback rides, canoe/kayak the Androscoggin River, bird watch, go for a scenic drive, moose tours, the Maize at Sherman Farm,.or just relax on the porch and soak in the colors!
downhill ski, cross country ski, tubing, snowmobile, snowshoe, dogsled rides, ice climbing, horse drawn sleigh rides.
the area comes to life – spring foliage is beautiful – as all the trees start to bloom you’ll see various shades of green along with pink, white, and red! Spring skiing is some of the best! Tuckerman’s Ravine skiing usually begins about April – and at many elevations you can still snow shoe. Spring hiking is wonderful! Lilacs, lupines, and lavender – oh my!
Tax-free Shopping Anytime:antique shops, the quaint shops of Gorham and Jackson and the outlets in North Conway!
Join Gorham Moose Tours as they take you on a 3 – hour moose/wildlife tour of the North Country’s longest-running tour with experienced wildlife guides that know just where to seach and find MOOSE! Their success rate is 95 – 97%, but in the unlikely event no moose are viewed during our tour, customers will receive a voucher for a FREE tour (that’s how confident we are in the our moose). So make Gorham, NH a destination on your next trip and take a MOOSE TOUR!
Dan’s Scenic Tours offers Moose Tours and Scenic Tours with air conditioning, fantastic views and historic landmarks from Monday thru Sunday from May thru October.
GUIDED ATV TOURS
Moose Poop ATV Tours offers Scenic Tours of northern NH’s forest & mountain ATV trails – much fun to be had!
REGISTERED GUIDE SERVICES
Reel North LLC provides river wading trips, full or half day (4-8hrs) spent fishing the designated fly fishing section of the Androscoggin River or tributaries. Beautiful scenery, potential for trophy fish and maybe a wildlife sighting are all combined to make a memorable experience. Licensed NH Guide and avid fly fisher in the valley for several years.
Attractions and Things to Do
- Moose Meadow in Gorham offers a quiet and relaxing setting on the Androscoggin River with an 18 hole mini golf course, pinball & video arcade, air hocking and pool table, and batting cage!
- Storyland a children’s theme park geared for the young family. Themed rides, lively shows, familiar storybook characters, a friendly cast, and numerous play area on 35 acres in Glen – and Cinderella too! Storyland is a family tradition for generations.
- Fort Jefferson Fun Park in Jefferson offers something for the whole family! Rides, Cowboy Skits, Water Park, Laser Tag, and Mini Golf.
- Santa’s Village in Jefferson offers Christmas magic all year round! They offer over 30 rides, live shows, and games all with Santa, his helpers, and his reindeer.
- Conway Scenic Railroad offers nostalgic train rides of varying duration. You can choose from several routes – to Conway, Bartlett, or the legendary Crawford Notch. They offer both open or enclosed restored passenger cars. Great way to spend an afternoon or an evening! They offer dining cars too! Check out their special train rides like the Murder Mystery Dinner Train! Reservations recommended.
- The Cog Railway what a great way to get to the top of Mt. Washington! The Cog is steeped in history and offers a unique ride up to the highest peak in the Northeast. The views are amazing, real steam locomotives, and an amazing adventure. Reservations are recommended.
- Northern Forest Heritage Park located on the banks of the Androscoggin River in Berlin they offer festivals, events, an interpretive center with a circa 1900 logging camp and the Brown Company House Museum & Artisan’s Gift Shop – Scenic Heritage Boat Tours too!
- Raft NH offers family adventures from Float Trips to Class IV adrenaline packed rapids. All safety gear and a home cooked meal (steak, chicken, or veggie burger) included in all trips.
- Muddy Paw Sled Dog Kennel year round dogsled trips from summer rolling dogsled adventures to 2-50 mile winter traditional dogsledding trips. Hands on, meet th rescue sled dogs, and even drive the team!
- Bethel Outdoor Adventure is a family owned and operated business geared toward helping you enjoy the outdoors with safety and fun! Located in Bethel, Maine, on the banks of the Androscoggin River they offer a perfect venue for a great adventure with wildlife and spectacular mountain scenery. They offer canoe/kayak rentals and self-guided or guided paddling on the Androscoggin River – shuttle services available, bike rentals, fishing by canoe, kayak, drift boat and guided trips. Rock Hounding with guided tours of the famous Bumpus Mine.
- Great Glen Trails offers mountain bike rentals with trails for everyone – gentle carriage roads or challenging mountain trails, a climbing wall, and canoe/kayak trips down the Androscoggin River during the summer. In the winter they offer cross country skiing of all levels, snow tubing, and snow shoeing – equipment rental available.
- The Mt. Washington Auto Road offers self-guided drives up to the peak of Mt. Washington or guided van rides to the top. A great way to spend the day – you can park along the road in designated spots to hike to Lowe’s Bald Spot (offers great views of the peaks) and the Alpine Garden!
- Wildcat Mountain during the summer Wildcat offers Gondola Rides with fantastic views of Mt Washington and the Presidential Range to the West and the Atlantic Ocean to the East! They also offer Zip Line rides. They have packages that include a packed lunch! The trail to Thompson Falls is here too. During the winter – snow is the name of the game! The 2000-foot base elevation and proximity to Mt. Washington produce an annual natural snowfall of about 200 inches. Trails include beginner, intermediate, and expert with wide groomed trails, glades, bumps, and steeps.
- Attitash offers downhill skiing for all levels on numerous trails during the winter, in the summer they offer: alpine slide, waterslides, mountain biking, a eurobungy trampoline, scenic sky ride, climbing wall, horseback riding and buddy bear’s playpool.
- Pinkham Notch Visitors Center AMC is based here – they are an excellent source for information on hiking in the Whites, trail conditions, etc. Their guidebooks are a must! Many trails to the top of Mt. Washington start at the base of the Visitors Center. Skiing Tuckerman’s Ravine -skiing there generally lasts until July!
- Farm by the River Stables offers sleigh, carriage, and horseback rides. They are located on West Side Road in North Conway and offer beautiful views of the Saco River and Mt. Washington Valleys. Private Victorian Sleigh Rides, Fall Wagon Rides Group Rides – reservations required.
- The Maize at Sherman Farms offers fun for the whole family! I’ve done the Maize and it is a blast! Sherman Farms creates a new maze every year in their cornfield – hence the name Maize! At the Maize you will also find – farm animals, corn box, hayrides, corn cannons (loved it but couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn!), mini maze, concession stand, pumpkin patch, moo express, and a picnic area – when you are done take a quick drive to their farm stand – yum!
- Cranmore Mountain offers downhill skiing, night skiing, tubing, fitness, tennis, Cranapalooza and the frightfully delightful Ghoulag.
- Bretton Woods one of the largest ski resorts in NH – they offer downhill skiing, cross country skiing, tubing, snow shoeing, horseback riding, golf, mountain biking – and a year round Canopy Tour!
- Sunday River Maine one of the largest ski resorts in Maine, 30 minutes away!
- Theatre – M&D Productions is the area’s only year round community theatre. M & D Productions is located in North Conway in Willow Place. They are a “community minded theatre” and hire only local performers. M & D Productions goal is to reach out and tickle one’s social conscience.
Check out our Wildcat & Attitash Ski/Stay Package